Some quick facts about Boston Harbor:
- Home to the Port of Boston – a major shipping hub
- Contains a National Park – “Harbor Islands National Recreation Area”
- Has an inner and outer harbor
- The Standells song “Dirty Water” was about the Boston Harbor – the harbor has been cleaned up a lot since that song was written
- There are lots of boats, of course – you can go on a whale watch, board a cruise ship, go on a dinner cruise, visit old ironsides….
- The harbor walk is a great way to see a part of the harbor